Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Beginning a Blog

For years I have put my foot down and refused to start a blog. Why? Well, I had seen too many blogs in years past that in my opinion looked like online diaries. I did not like the idea of sharing things going on in my personal life for all to see. But blogs are now used in a variety of different ways, and I like what I am seeing. Librarians along with other professionals are blogging in order to share resources and ideas for the purpose of helping others. Isn't that what being a librarian is all about?

Now that I have seen this recent trend with blogging, I have decided to take the plunge and start a blog with the purpose of helping others. I plan on sharing my ideas that I have found and/or tried for library lessons, station or center ideas, and books I have read. Hopefully, through the sharing of my successes and failures with these ideas I can help you with your library or classroom. Thanks for stopping by and contact me if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment